My name is Kari. I’m a Christ-centered spiritual director who believes with all my heart that God cares about you.
>> Ask me how I know.
I could take the easy way out and say the Bible tells me so.
1 Peter 5:7
And while that’s all I really need to say, I’m also going to point you to example after example of God demonstrating His care for me.
- Befriending me as a young child when others rejected me.
- Comforting me as a college student when I battled with depression.
- Accepting me into His family and being informally adopted into the families of others.
- Speaking to me about the sins in my life. (Yep, that’s love and care right there!)
- Forgiving me for the foolish choices I made when I let my heart grow hard.
- Providing the support and healing I needed after my divorce.
- Redeeming the broken and hurting pieces inside of me.
- Bringing me a husband who is godly and trustworthy.
His care for you might look different.
And I know you’ve got tons of examples, too, my friend–ways He has brought love and healing and provision to you when you needed it most.
The question is, how do you need His care right now?
I can’t answer that for you. And I can’t magically make Him show up the way you want Him to.
But I can sit with you as you bring your hurt and desires before Him.
In fact, that’s one of the things I love to do most: bear witness to how God is moving in someone’s life.
Sometimes that means we have to do a little sleuthing, because He can be sly at times–in a good way. He can be doing something and we don’t even notice it.
But He is there. And He cares.
One of the best ways I’ve discovered signs of God’s care is to journal.
Journaling not only helps me process all the craziness life can bring, it also documents answers to prayer–sometimes without my even realizing it!
It doesn’t matter if I’m
- free writing,
- writing in bullet points,
- art journaling, or
- Scripture writing…
All of a sudden, I’ll notice a theme in my writing, a word or phrase that repeats itself.
And–what do you know?–God shows up.
Sometimes in a big way. More often in that subtle way of His. The one you can only find when you’re looking for Him.
The thing is, so many women miss out on these expressions of care.
Usually, it’s because they’re in the smack-dab middle of a hard season, like
- Chronic Illness
And when you hurt that bad, it’s super hard to see the good.
I know, I’ve been there.
God has called me to walk alongside women who are carrying this kind of hurt around with them. Women hungry for healing, but not always sure how to find it.
That’s why I received training as both a Christian spiritual director and a trauma-informed writing guide. We use that practice of journaling to meet with God and allow Him to bring healing. Redemption. Hope.
BOOK IN HAND
drink of choice
color of my car
can’t get enough of