You, my friend, can learn how to hear God’s voice.
- You want to make the right decision… you just wish you knew what it was.
- You’re tired of making pro/con lists and trying to decipher which option would be best.
- You’ve talked to everyone you trust and they’re giving you contradicting advice.
There are a lot of scenarios where we desperately desire for God to guide us. Whether you are trying to figure out how you can best encourage a hurting friend, how to support your child through a tough season, or if you should take advantage of an “open door” that has presented itself, you need discernment so you know what to do.
Listen is a 12-session Bible study designed to help you break through the noise so you can hear God’s voice, recognize His presence, and take the next step forward.
Because the truth is, God wants you to hear Him when He speaks to you.
People have told you to just “pray about it and see what God says.” But how do you know when He is speaking to you? What if you never really hear… anything?
The Listen Bible study explores some of the nitty-gritty pieces of hearing from God and sensing His presence.
In these sessions, you’ll get to:
- Dive into stories of men and women who heard God’s voice in the Bible.
- Receive biblical truth and principles about recognizing God’s presence and following His direction.
- Learn time-tested teachings about spiritual discernment.
- Practice spiritual disciplines that train you to hear God’s voice.
- Go through practical exercises as you discern God’s leading for a particular decision.
My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”Psalm 27:8 (NLT)
And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”
By participating in the Listen Bible study, you will learn how to
- Gain clarity in decision-making
- Recognize where God is working in your life
- Choose which friends serve as trusted advisors
- Distinguish God’s voice from all the others
And even better… you can exchange worry for rest, knowing you’re walking in God’s will.
12 Audio Sessions
Each session is 3-7 minutes long and is broken down into a very specific concept. Plus, you get to download the audio recordings so you can listen to them as many times as you want.
Printable Quote/Verse Cards
To help you remember some key concepts from the study, there are 8 quote cards and 8 Scripture verse cards. Use these to memorize God’s Word, or as prompts for meditation or Scripture writing.
Get a list of books and podcasts to check out to learn even more about discernment. These are good, solid resources I repeatedly turn to. I know you’ll love them, too!
Study at your preferred pace.
As a self-paced Bible study, you truly get to pick a structure that works for you, your schedule, and the urgency with which you might be faced with a decision to make.
For example, you can:
- Listen to one session a day, doing the assignment/exercise for each day, and complete the study in a little under 2 weeks.
- Slow it down to truly practice and think through some of the questions, and so complete maybe two or three sessions a week. This would allow you to savor the materials and finish the study in 4-6 weeks.
- Set aside a half day or full day as a retreat where you can truly dive into all the materials, exercises, and reflections. This is great if you have a big decision to make or a decision that needs the focused time and attention that retreats offer.
The possibilities are endless. Find a structure and format that works for you.
Stop second-guessing yourself.
You don’t have to worry about whether or not you are making the “right” decisions every day. You don’t have to overthink all the different possibilities. You can learn how to hear God’s voice by understanding how He speaks to you. And know this: He wants to talk with you. He wants to share what is on His heart.
Hi, I’m Kari.
When I started getting serious about Love Does That, I had to take time and space to discern what God was actually calling me to do. It meant walking away from a ministry position, giving up a reliable income, and prompting some major changes for our family. It wasn’t a decision I made lightly. I got the chance to practice everything in this course, and I can’t wait to share it with you so that you, too, can know you are walking in His will.
Can I answer your questions?
How long are the audio sessions? Most audio sessions are 5-7 minutes long, and offer a practical exercise or reflection question to go along with it.
What format is the audio in? The audio is in mp3 format, which is highly compatible with phones and computers. If you experience any problems, please email me and we’ll figure it out together!
What is the structure of the Bible study? You get to decide how to format the study so it fits your schedule and pace of learning. Listen to one session a day, two a week, or all of them at once! It’s completely up to you.
Will all the audio sessions be available immediately? Yes. You can download the PDF guide along with the audio sessions all at once. I recommend downloading them to your phone or computer so you can listen to them again if needed.
How big are the quote cards? The quote cards are fitted 8 to a letter-sized page, so they will be easy to tuck into your Bible or carry around. The exact print size will be determined by your printer settings.
Can I share this with my friends? I’d love for you to talk about what you are learning with your family, friends, and colleagues. That’s one way that we learn! But please don’t share the audio sessions or resources. If someone is interested, encourage them to purchase the Bible study for themselves. We strive to make it affordable so everyone can access it!
The Listen Bible Study is designed for the woman who:
- deeply desires to encourage her hurting friends, but doesn’t know where to start
- is ready to practice recognizing hearing God’s voice
- wants both biblical principles and practical discernment exercises
- is committed to her relationship with Jesus and wants to grow closer to Him
In the Listen Bible Study, you get:
- 12 bite-sized audio sessions that help you learn more about discernment and hearing God’s voice
- 16 downloadable cards with Bible verses and quotes from the study
- A list of books and podcasts to learn more about following God’s direction
All for $10.
Jesus called Himself the Good Shepherd, and He said that His sheep know His voice. So let Him teach you what He sounds like so you can follow His leading.
No more overthinking. No more second-guessing. Just trusting the Good Shepherd and listening for His voice. Does that sound good to you?