Are distractions stealing from your time with God?
- You try to read the Bible, but you can’t stop thinking about the things you need to get from the store.
- You finished your Bible reading 30 minutes ago, but you’re frustrated that you can’t remember what you read.
- You read a chapter in the Bible, but you got caught up in trying to figure out what to actually do with it and feel like you wasted your time.
What if I told you there is a way to stay focused on what you are reading in the Bible–and even to savor it, like you do your favorite cup of coffee?
I’d love to introduce you to the practice of Scripture writing.
Scripture writing helps us engage with God’s Word because it slows us down and helps us focus on what we are reading.
Scripture writing is simply the practice of copying God’s Word onto another sheet of paper. And it’s based on a rich history of men known as scribes who copied the Scriptures by hand in ancient Israel.
The Scribe Bible Study & Workshop imaginatively digs into the world of the scribes and explores how you can incorporate the practice of Scripture writing into your life today.
The best part? There is no one right way. You can find a method and routine that works for you.
I love how this technique for studying Scripture is so practical that once you take the class you can immediately apply it to your study time! I found it helps me focus and be more in tune to what I’m studying. Kari does an excellent job at walking through the process of Scripture writing, and also teaches the history of the scribes, which is so interesting! I’m thankful I had the opportunity to take this class!
Cathy W., class participant
This class is designed to help you:
- Make the most of the time you spend in God’s Word.
- Remove distractions so you can focus.
- Quiet your heart and mind.
- Deepen your relationship with God.
By the end of the class, you will have learned a new spiritual practice to help you engage with God more deeply through His Word. Plus, you actually practice Scripture writing to see what it’s like and receive some Bible study tools to help you get started.
A 90-minute recorded Zoom class. During the class, we’ll:
- Look at artifacts that show the scribes’ work
- Learn what practices they had in place to focus on what they were doing
- Discover how the work of the scribes impacts our Bible today
- Explore different ways to use Scripture writing in our own lives
A downloadable workbook, which includes:
- Note pages
- Bible study questions
- Beautifully-designed Bible verses to print off and display
- Additional resources to learn more
Three downloadable Bible study tools:
- Monthly Scripture writing plan (1 page)
- Bible study worksheet (2 pages)
- Encouragement Bible Study pack (60 pages)
Be fully present with God
The truth is, you don’t have to rush through your Bible reading just to check it off your list for the day. You don’t have to let distractions steal from the quality of your quiet time with God.
Think about it: When you’re with your family, you want to be fully present with your family. When you’re with your friends, you want to be fully present with your friends.
Likewise, when you’re setting time apart for God, you want to be fully present with Him, don’t you?
Scripture writing allows you to truly focus on the words you’re reading—words God Himself has given you. How precious! You don’t want to take His words lightly. You want to know what’s important to Him. You want to hear what He has to say to you. You want to learn what His voice sounds like so you can discern when He is speaking to you.
Hi, I’m Kari.
As a mom of two, I understand the challenge to have quality quiet time with God—being fully present with Him instead of worrying about this and that. On days when I feel frazzled or distracted, I can grab a sheet of paper and intentionally engage with God as I read the Bible.
Scripture writing wasn’t something I was taught in college when I minored in biblical studies. It also wasn’t something I learned as a ministry leader. It was something my sister introduced me to a few years ago, and I’ve seen just how much of an impact it can make in my quiet time. It can be a gift to you, too.
Don’t wait too long.
This could be the breakthrough you’ve been wanting. Ready to finally conquer the distractions and abide with God?
I’m so glad I took the Scribe class! Learning the history of how the Word used to be written was truly fascinating. Knowing how seriously the scribes took it was a reminder that I should be taking God’s Word seriously, too. It brought me to a new level of Scripture writing which allowed me to slow down and step into a deeper connection with the words I copy from the Bible (and ultimately from God). I highly recommend taking this class with Kari!
A.J. Murray, class participant
Let me answer your questions.
What is the format? This is a video recording of a live Zoom class. It has a very casual feel.
How will I access the materials? You will receive a download of the workbook and bonus materials, and a link to the recorded class.
What is the time commitment? The class is 90 minutes. You can watch it all at once or break it up into smaller segments.
How much does it cost? $10 gets you everything—the class, the workbook, and the three Bible study tools.
Does Scripture writing as a practice take a long time? No, it doesn’t have to. You can learn how to use Scripture writing along with your regular Bible reading or create a new spiritual practice that fits the time you have.
So, let’s review.
With the Scribe Bible Study & Workshop, you get:
- A 90-minute recorded Zoom class
- A downloadable workbook with note pages, Bible study questions, verse print-outs, and a list of additional resources
- Three downloadable Bible study tools
All for $10.