I know I’m an introvert, but I got my Master’s degree in Professional Communication with an emphasis in Rhetoric and Leadership Communication. In other words, I also like public speaking. Who knew, right?
I love to help the Bible come alive for people. You do know that it’s alive, right? “The Word of God is alive and powerful” (Hebrews 4:12). And it contains the real stories of real people who followed God in such a real kind of way.
But sometimes it’s hard to see it that way because we feel so far removed from their time and culture.
When I speak and teach, I want to help you form a bridge from their world to ours–because we’re all followers of God, aren’t we? Their stories really aren’t that different from ours.
We all need a little help when it comes to encouraging those around us who are going through difficult times. I’m happy to speak on topics such as:
- determining the level of care you can provide to a hurting friend
- finding your sweet spot when encouraging others
- creating a safe place for those who are hurting
- discerning who to encourage (and who to let others be the ones to encourage)
Do you have a retreat coming up? An online webinar? Small group meeting? Are you looking for guests on your podcast or to teach your membership group?
If you’re interested in having me share with your audience, just fill out the form below! I can share one of my Bible studies and workshops, or I can create a custom message for your group.
Seeing far too many people go through hardship alone, Kari Bartkus became determined to show up and be present when those around her were hurting. Through her work at Love Does That, she equips others to do the same, providing practical tips and prayerfully-made gifts that serve as tangible expressions of care. Knowing that encouragement has to come from a place of abiding with Jesus, she also offers creative Bible studies and workshops that invite women to stay close to Him so they can be prepared to be the hands and feet of Jesus to those around them.
- Master’s degree in Professional Communication Studies, with a focus on rhetoric and transformational leadership communication
- Certified Life Coach
- Almost 10 years of experience teaching college-level public speaking classes
- Training in biblical studies, spiritual formation, and spiritual direction
- Experience in a variety of church ministries and roles: children’s ministries, youth ministries, Bible studies, speaking and teaching, drama team, prayer team, care team, hospitality team, communication team, and office management and administrative work
- Freelance editor and proofreader for more than 10 years