Are you in the midst of a difficult season?
It is my desire to sit with you in the places where you have questions. To hold a sacred space for you. To pray for you. To listen to God with you. To reflect with you.
I do this through a practice called spiritual direction.
Simply put, spiritual direction is the practice of listening to God together. It’s becoming more aware of His presence and movement in your world.
And friend, let me assure you that God is present and active in your life–even when you are hurting. I’d love to help you recognize His presence in your story.
Hearing from God doesn’t have to be complicated.
It’s common to question God in the midst of your grief and heartache. To wonder why. To be upset. To ask why it had to happen that way.
And sometimes, God feels silent in those moments. But usually, He’s just working behind the scenes.
I’ve developed a 4-part process that positions you to peek behind the curtain, sort to speak, and see what God might be doing in your heart and life:
- Ready – Getting ready to hear from God
- Recognize – Recognizing God’s presence, movement, and invitations
- Receive – Receiving what God has for you
- Respond – Responding to what God revealed to you
Don’t let the silence fool you into thinking God doesn’t care. He does. And I’d be honored to walk with you as you discover how.
A modern-day letter writing style of spiritual direction for Christian women drawn to quiet spaces and written words.
How Written Spiritual Direction Works
- Fill out the interest form by clicking the “Work with Kari” button below.
- We’ll chat (probably via email) and discern if spiritual direction is a good fit for you at this time.
- Once we agree to move forward, we’ll sign a commitment to make space for God to speak to us, to take time to listen to Him during our time together.
- We will use email to write back and forth, about once a week, but settling into a rhythm that is natural for us.
The Starter Package is 3 months long to allow us to have enough of an opportunity to listen to God together.
God is working in you, dear one, even in the midst of your grief and heartache. Let’s ask Him to show you what He’s up to.
Spiritual Direction for Quiet Souls
- Want time and space to prayerfully consider questions?
- Have a hard time focusing on God when someone else is in the room?
- Express yourself better on paper than in person?
In my experience, I often found I didn’t have the words to share in person, but if I could write them out, the words found me instead.
That’s why I specialize in providing written spiritual direction. It’s perfect for us more introverted gals who need time and space to process what’s going on inside of us.
Throughout our correspondence, I will compassionately listen to your story, gently ask questions that point you to God, and help you discover personal spiritual practices that invite you to stay close to Him.
Hi, I’m Kari.
I have found spiritual direction to be a great help to me in that I have someone to simply sit with me in the silence, to prayerfully listen to what was stirring in my heart, and not to have any specific agenda we were working toward.
We were just… together. In God’s presence. Seeking Him.
I felt supported. I felt noticed. I felt cared for. And I want to do the same for you.
Training & Certifications
- Minor in Biblical Studies, Grace College
- Professional Coach Certification, International Coach Academy
- Walking Through the Narrow Gate spiritual formation program, Victory Noll
- Spiritual Direction with Children with Lacy Borgo, Companioning Center
- Certified Painted Prayers Instructor
- Creating Space for Kids to Encounter God with Melissa J. MacDonald
- Gospel-Centered Soul Care
- The Benedictine Vows of Stability, Fidelity, and Obedience
- Using Play & Art to Connect with God